Van Gaal admits Man United's Interest in re-signing Ronaldo

Van Gaal admits Man United's Interest in re-signing Ronaldo


Van Gaal admits Man United interest in bringing back Ronaldo

Louis van Gaal has revealed he is interested in bringing Cristiano Ronaldo back to Manchester United, but the Dutchman conceded he does not think Real Madrid will be willing to sell him.

Speculation the World Player of the Year could return to Old Trafford has intensified this week after former Los Blancos president Ramon Calderon told talkSPORT the Portuguese star was "fed up" with the club's decision to sell a number of players, including Angel di Maria, who is now playing for the Red Devils.

And Van Gaal did little to play down his interest in the 29-year-old at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Asked whether he could bring Ronaldo back to United, where he enjoyed six successful years, Van Gaal said: "Yes, but it's always a discussion in the papers, and I don't think the media shall buy Ronaldo."

When pushed on the matter again, the United manager said: "It is possible.

"That's what I have said with Falcao. Players like Ronaldo give a lot of extra to a team, but I don't think Real Madrid shall sell him."

Ronaldo has made no secret of his love for Manchester United and hinted last month he would be interested in returning to his former club.

''I love Manchester and you never know in football. Of course I'm happy at Real Madrid; it's my home, it's my club, but United treated me unbelievably, so you never know," Ronaldo told MUTV before United played Real Madrid during their tour of the United States of America

''I am still in contact with some people there because I had a good relationship with everybody - it was like my second family




share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 12:37 PM and have 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment